A Good Weekend

We had a very pleasant weekend here in Rifle. The weather was gorgeous, which gave us the opportunity to get out in the backyard for the first time this season and do a little yard work. Dev turned over the compost and spread it over the garden plot, and I raked the backyard. Most of the seeds we started last weekend have started sprouting, now all we need is some sustained warm weather...

It was a good food weekend as well. Saturday morning we had roast pork hash, then for dinner we feasted on grilled chicken with mushroom/merlot sauce. Today we started out with eggs, sausage and toast, and ended with quesadillas (Dev had chicken/mango and I had crab/mango/goat cheese). I also found some time to make a batch of almond/cashew granola for breakfasts this week.

If we can survive the week, we will be on Spring Break! Our destination is Denver. I am excited because we haven't taken a trip for Spring Break before, so it should be interesting. I've been to Denver a few times for meetings, but never to play tourist. I have a long list of places to check out- mostly restaurants and specialty food stores. Hopefully I'll be bringing home a cooler full of tasty treats!

Comments

Emmy Lou said…
And you should hit Fancy Tiger - super cute yarn/fabric/fiber

Popular Posts