Homemade Pizza and Swiss Chard Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette

Tonight I made pizza for dinner. I really enjoy making pizza, and consider it a personal quest to find the perfect crust recipe.  I'm not there yet, but I learn something new every time I try. I am up to using 2/3 semolina flour to 1/3 all purpose. The texture is good- I just need to get a handle on getting it thin enough.  My toppings of choice tonight were red onion, mushrooms and green peppers.

But the real star of tonight's dinner was the salad.  No kidding- I think this is one of the best salads I've ever made.

Let's start with the dressing. I whisked together some Dijon mustard, lime juice, orange juice, a little red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Then I whisked in walnut oil and a little olive oil.  After tasting it, I decided it needed a little sweetness, so I added some agave syrup.  

The greens were represented by some shaved Brussels sprouts and shredded Swiss chard (stems and all).  

The accessories consisted of toasted Marconi almonds, pine nuts, and shaved Parmesan.

I tossed everything together and served it with a slice of pizza.  It sure beats the heck out of delivery!



Comments

Popular Posts