Veggie Nachos- My Favorite Quick Lunch

 Devin and I have been working in the yard today, and I realized around 1:00, I was starving!

When I get like that (starving), one of my favorite things to throw together is veggie nachos.  It really doesn't get any easier.  They are a great way to clean out odds and ends from your crisper drawer- and take care of bits and pieces of tomatoes that you know you can't refrigerate, but don't want to leave out on the counter forever!

 The process couldn't be easier.  I used a small salad plate (to help control portions- I could eat a whole tray of these) and dumped a few handfuls of chips on it.  I don't like to pile the chips too high, because I hate it when the last few chips don't have any goodie on them.  Then I shredded a handful of sharp cheddar cheese.  I had a tomato heel, a stray piece of green pepper, about a quarter of a small white onion and a few sad, wilt pieces of fresh cilantro hanging around.  All got chopped and thrown on top of the cheese.
I nuked the whole shebang in the microwave for about 30 seconds, then plopped a healthy spoonful of plain greek yogurt right in the center.  When I got them to the table, I doused them with some sriracha sauce.

Easy- but delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts