Farm Tour!

The official Osage Farm Cat


So I celebrated my first full day of Spring Break 2015 by taking a tour of our local organic farm, Osage Farms.  I took about a thousand pictures. I find loading pictures on my blog to be absolutely tedious, so I'll link you to my Flickr page and you can see them there.

I have been a customer there for about 2 years, and I really love the place.  I buy my eggs, milk and most of my other dairy there, as well as fresh veggies and organic, local cheeses.

My husband and I plant a garden every year, and it was cool to get to ask questions and get information about how some of these plants behave in our climate.  When I lived in Savannah, it was easy to grow things because it's so warm.  Out here, I've had to learn everything by trial and error.  I never know what things will thrive, and what things will die.

In a few weeks they'll have their bedding plants for sale.  I like to buy their stuff because I know it was raised organically, and I know it will grow here, because it was grown right down the road!

Anyway, if you are near the Rifle/Silt/Newcastle area, you should definitely check them out.  I'll link to their webpage, which has their store hours and dates for future farm tours.

Comments

Popular Posts