It's Summer. Now what?

These flowers make me happy.

Summer also makes me happy, but it can be a difficult time.  I am a sedentary person by nature- so given the chance, I will lay around and read all summer.  That might not be all bad, but even for an avid reader like me, it can get boring.

This summer I am taking an extended trip back home to Savannah, GA.  This is a good thing because it will interrupt my normal schedule.  This is also a bad thing because all my favorite foods will be available in abundance.  It will test my recent efforts at eating a more healthy diet.

But even more importantly than these things, I'm feeling a tug towards being more creative.  I would like to make a summer resolution to be creative in some way every day.  That might look like a well put together, healthy meal.  It could also look like a piece of writing (like a vacation journal).  It could even be crocheting or sewing.  I feel like I am fortunate to have this large chunk of time off, and I'd like to use it to better myself, and maybe even inspire someone else.

So far today I made a healthy breakfast (fruit smoothie and yogurt), and I have the day's reading all lined up.  I will have to spend a little time looking over the notes for a tech class I'm teaching tomorrow, but other than that- the day is a blank canvas.  I wonder how I'll fill it?

Comments

Popular Posts