What Am I Doing Over Winter Break?

The answer to that question is... reflecting.   I think most people get reflective when New Year's Eve gets close.  One can't help but look back over the year and think about things that could have been handled differently, or things that need to be repeated more often.  I have quite a bit to reflect on, as this past year has been a big, complicated mess.

Reflection has not been my only activity.  I have been crocheting up a storm recently, riding the high from finishing 6 or 7 scarves right at the last gift-giving minute.  Here's a pic of my 3 still in progress:

I'm in a scarf rut right now, but my crochet New Year's Resolution is to tackle socks, afghans, and amigurumi.  That's the thing about crochet and knit- it takes skill to do the fancier stuff- and I'm an advanced beginner (if that). 

All of this crochet also makes me miss my knitting days.  I'd like to add a couple of knit projects in, just to make sure I don't completely forget how.  Some things are better to crochet, some are better to knit.  This way I can keep my options open.

Greencrafting has also caught my eye of late.  I like the idea of reusing or finding things to turn into keepsakes, jewelry, etc.  Most hobbies are expensive (jewelry making, knitting, and crocheting are no exception) and it seems logical to me to use what I have (or can find) to create new things.

In addition to reflecting and crocheting, I've also been reading.  I picked this book up at the library earlier today:
So far it is a great read.  I'm only 1 chapter in, but so far, Ms. Petersen is expressing exactly what I feel about national politics right now.

I'd love to say I'm getting tons of sleep, but I'm not.  I haven't slept more than 3 hours for the last 4 days or so.  Not sure why, but I really need to figure it out soon, or the whole break will be over and I'll be back to my regular schedule, even more tired than I was before.

Well, that's about it for right now.  Perhaps I'll be in the mood to write more later.  There's more going on, I'm just not motivated to write it all down and digest it yet.


Comments

Popular Posts