Craft Classes and Meatloaf

I went to a card making class this morning. I’m not particularly good at it, but it is strangely satisfying.

When I got home, I promptly took a nap.  Upon waking, I felt less than inspired to cook. Lunch consisted of an apple and some almond butter. Supper didn’t hold much promise, either.

I knew I didn’t want to go to the grocery store, so I needed to use what I already had. This is what I came up with...






Meatloaf Onion Bombs

1 pound ground turkey
3/4 cup uncooked oatmeal
1 Egg
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
Ketchup
1 large onion
Sliced cheddar cheese
Brussels sprouts, or any other veggie that tastes good roasted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium size bowl, mix together the first 9 ingredients. Set aside. Cut onion in thick rings. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. I halved Brussels sprouts and tossed them with olive oil and salt, then spread them on the cookie sheet. Any veggie will do. Separate the onion slices into rings and place rings on top of veggies. Fill each onion ring with meatloaf mixture and top with more ketchup.

Bake for about 40 minutes (I cooked mine until the meat mixture hit 170 degrees). Put cheddar slices on top of rings and put back in the oven to melt.

I’m thinking the leftover rings would be good as a patty melt for lunch tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts