Crafting...In General

I have never in my life categorized myself as creative. I still don’t, really. However, I have discovered in my advancing years that taking time to be creative has great restorative power for me.

In the last year or so I have dabbled in lots of different artistic spheres. The two genres that seem to have stuck with me are working with glass and papercrafting. I’m not sure why this is true, as I don’t have a background in either area.

A distant third, but still a great creative outlet, is jewelry making. I take classes at my local craft store- Speckled Feather Mercantile.  Every time I go, I learn a different technique, or work with a new material. Serious fun!

The downside to all of this creativity is its impact on my bank account. All 3 of these activities are expensive!  I suppose what I spend on glass, polymer stamps, inks and other materials is still less than therapy? Maybe?

Comments

Popular Posts