Happy Birthday to Me.......

Wow...it's been a while...again. Sometimes I really hate it that work gets in the way of all the things I like to do for fun.

So, I turned 42 on Friday. There. I said it. To be honest, it doesn't feel that different than 41.

It got off to a very good start shortly after I arrived at work on Friday morning. I complain about quite a few things associated with being a teacher (with good cause, mind you), but sometimes magic happens. You really haven't lived until you've had 200 8th graders sing Happy Birthday to you. It was a good feeling.

The good times continued during my reading class, when my wonderful husband sent one of his students to my room with 2 birthday cards: one from him and the other from our dog, Bear.

All throughout the day my students gave me hugs and birthday wishes. AND the day ended early as my teaching partner, Christi, and I got to leave school early to do some planning. Believe it or not, we actually got some good things accomplished.

Immediately after school, I took Bear to Silt, where we were having him boarded for the weekend. I felt guilty for a minute or two, but then I was ready for my big birthday weekend in Denver!

Dev and I ran home and packed a few more things. Just as we were ready to walk out the door, he gave me my birthday gifts. I am a huge Alton Brown fan, so Dev got me the second "Good Eats" book. He also got me a tripod and an underwater casing for my flip camera. He knows me so well!!

By 5pm we hit the road for Denver! Because he is the best husband on the planet, Dev had booked a VIP package for hotel and tickets to the King Tut exhibit at the Denver Art Museum. Seriously, it was the best present ever.

When we get back from school a little later, I'll tell you about the rest of my trip!!

Comments

Popular Posts