Crock Pot Ribs

I made these ribs for dinner tonight. I will be making them again. And again. And again. So easy and so good.

I found the recipe on one of the hundreds of food blogs I follow. I don't remember which one I stole it from, so if someone recognizes it, please let me know and I'll give credit where credit is due!














Here's the recipe:


Crock Pot Ribs
Ingredients:
               2 racks baby back ribs, cut into 2 to 3 rib portions
               Salt and pepper
               1 1/2 cups ketchup
               1/3 cup honey
               1/4 cup chopped onion
               1 1/2 tablespoons Tabasco Chipotle Sauce, or to taste
               1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
               2 teaspoons chili powder
               1 tablespoon prepared mustard
               2 tablespoons cider vinegar
               1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
               1/2 teaspoon salt
               1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preparation:
Heat oven to 375°.
Line a large baking sheet (with sides) with heavy duty foil. Place rib sections, rib sides down, on the baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour.
Combine remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender; process until smooth.
Transfer ribs to the slow cooker; cover with onions and pour the chipotle barbecue sauce over all. Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or HIGH for about 4 to 5 hours.

Serves 4.

I decided to serve these ribs over some polenta...only I didn't have any.  So I substituted grits.  Yes, grits.  I made them with chicken broth and wine instead of plain ole water, and added a crushed garlic clove and a couple of tablespoons of cream cheese, plus 2 big handfuls each of grated sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheeses.  Yeah- they didn't suck, either.  The combination of the two was rather outstanding. 
The only thing I will change next time is to add a bottle of beer to the crock pot at the beginning.  So what are you doing just sitting there?  Go make these!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I could not read the recipe due to it's dark background. Hope you can easily change it for would love to see it.
Kathy

Popular Posts