Vacation?

This has been the view for most of my vacation.  I'm glad I was able to be here while my Dad was in the hospital, but it's a pretty depressing way to spend a week in Savannah.  I have managed to sneak away and see a few of my friends, so that's keeping me sane.
I know even more than ever that my mother should be up for sainthood.  She has been at the hospital almost non-stop since Dad was admitted.  Those who are familiar with my family know that my father isn't easy to deal with, even when he isn't weak and in pain.  He is not the world's best patient.  My mother acts as a buffer between the hospital staff and my father.
I have been trying my best to get her out during the day.  The only way she'll do that is if I stay with Dad while she's out and about.  It has been a sobering experience, to say the least.
He's wiggling around in the bed again...I'll be back later!

Comments

Popular Posts