Breakfast on a Snowy Morning

We woke up this morning to a winter wonderland!  This is quite a change from the weather back home in GA.

Because I haven't cooked breakfast in over a month, I was anxious to get in my kitchen.

I decided to go with some kind of breakfast sandwich and hashbrowns.  I even juiced some oranges to top everything off.

I wanted to boost the hashbrowns with some veggies, so I added chopped fresh mushrooms, about a cup of fresh spinach leaves and some scallions.

The sandwiches were built on whole grain English muffins.  Dev's had egg, bacon and cheddar.  Mine had egg, bacon, avocado and cheddar (with a little mayo to moisten things up).  It was a very good winter breakfast.

Next time I think adding some roasted tomato slices would make the sandwiches even better!

I think tomorrow will be garlic cheddar grits.....

Comments

Popular Posts