Stuffed Chiles

So this is the first meal I made from the ingredients in my basket this week.

The basket had several Anaheim chiles, so I decided to try stuffing  and baking them.

I started with my regular, go-to meat mixture (one pound of organic ground beef and one pound pork chorizo).  I jazzed it up a little this time, though.  I added a chopped white onion and a chopped Anaheim chile.

I halved and seeded the peppers, stuffed them with the meat mixture and topped them with Monterrey Jack cheese.  I baked them at 350 for about 45 minutes.

These were really good, but I think I could have used more cheese and less meat.  I liked the baked peppers, though.  They became sweet and soft after they were baked.  This was quick and delicious!

Comments

Lissa said…
Those look great!

I might have to try to replicate that tomorrow night. Looks like it can be tackled with too much prep time.

Popular Posts