A New Favorite Thing

I have fallen in love with Harvest Squash Ravioli from Pappardelle's Pasta.   Seriously.  I was looking for a relatively quick dinner, so I could get on with my mid-term grading, and I remembered I had bought a box of this from our local farm store.  With very little effort on my part, I managed to put an impressive dinner on the table in about 30 minutes.  Here's what I did....

I trimmed a pound of green beans and tossed them in olive oil and salt- then popped them in a 425 degree oven.  While the beans roasted, I boiled water in my pasta pot, salted it and added the box (12 large ravioli) of pasta to rapidly boiling water.  I turned down the heat a little and cooked the ravioli about 8 minutes.  While the pasta was cooking I added about 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, salt, chopped fresh sage leaves and 1 clove of garlic, finely minced to a non-stick skillet.  I let it heat up and begin to foam.  As the ravioli started floating, I took them out of the water with a spider, then plopped the first 6 in the sizzling butter/herb/garlic mixture.  I plated 6 ravioli with some roasted beans and that was the end of that.  I topped the hot, toasted raviolis with freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh cracked pepper.  Amazing.

I can't wait to go back to the farm store and try some different flavors.  I was thinking the harvest squash would also be good pan fried and served with cinnamon and powdered sugar as a dessert.  I might try that next time!

Comments

Popular Posts