Saturday Blahs

Don't get me wrong.... I love weekends as much as the next guy.  But this weekend I just can't get inspired to do anything.

Dev had to work yesterday, but I had the day off.  I decided to drive into Glenwood Springs to do some grocery shopping and have lunch all by myself.  While I was in the grocery store, Dev texted me to let me know that they were finishing up early and he'd be home soon.  So my day in Glenwood was cut short.  I checked out with my groceries and headed back home.

For dinner last night, I wanted to go meatless.  I'm trying to cut meat out of my diet completely, but it's harder than I thought.  I ended up making a frittata.  I've made them before, but I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it sounded really good.  I sauteed 2 medium leeks, and an 8 oz. container of sliced mushrooms in garlic and a little bit of white wine.  Then I stirred in 6 eggs I had beaten with shredded fontina cheese, heavy cream, salt and pepper.  I added a little hot sauce for some zing. It cooked on the stovetop about 5 minutes on medium heat, then landed in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.  On the side, I made sugar snap peas (sauteed with a ton of minced garlic and red pepper flakes) and roasted brussels sprouts (washed, quartered, tossed with olive oil and salt/pepper- 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes).  It was a very good meal.

Breakfast this morning was a bit odd.  I've decided I need to branch out a little and eat non-traditional foods at breakfast.  Dev eats oatmeal every morning, but I get bored with it.  Also- during the week I am rarely hungry when we have to eat breakfast.  My appetite doesn't wake up until around 8:30am.  So I'm thinking if I open up my options, I'll stay interested and eat better breakfast.  This morning I split and toasted an English muffin, added some marinara and roasted mushrooms and topped it with provolone cheese.  Very good!

Dev is having quite a bit of back pain (but refuses to go get it checked out).  So today he's sacked out on the couch with the heating pad.  So I've been fussing over him all day.  I decided to take the easy way out for lunch.  Lunch was spiced up ramen.  I buy the Annie Chun's version with vacuum packed ramen noodles.  I always add extra soy sauce, fish sauce, scallions, mushrooms and a kick of sriracha.  Not bad for ramen noodles!

Dinner is going to be turkey burgers (last roll of ground turkey in the freezer), macaroni and cheese (to finish off the block of fontina) and the last of the container of sugar snaps (I plan to re-create last night's version without nuking them first- they were a tad on the mushy side).

After dinner I'm planning to start a new cross stitch project.  Not sure what yet, but I'll put some process shots of it up here at some point.

Comments

Popular Posts