Bonus! Wednesday Kitchen Creativity!

Wednesday supper was all about cleaning out the ice box.  I had odds and ends of things hanging around, and they needed to be gone!

I browned a pound of sweet Italian sausage in a skillet with 2 minced shallots.  I added chopped yellow squash and diced fresh tomatoes.  After the sausage had browned, I added the rest of a bottle of Presseco I had in the ice box (probably around 1/2 cup).  I let it hang out and reduce while I boiled a package of vacuum sealed gnocchi.  This particular batch I bought from Trader Joe's.  When all of the little pillows of goodness floated to the top, I added them with a little of their cooking liquid to the skillet with the sausage mixture.  I finished it by adding some minced fresh herbs (basil and oregano), and little fresh goat cheese.

Comments

Popular Posts