It’s Been A While...

I haven’t posted in a long time. No good excuse.  Life is what it is...

We are getting near to the end of the school year and things are crazy. Schedules are full and patience is short.

I’ve been playing with some new practices to help me be more present and mindful about my life. I’ve been redifining my relationship with food for a while now, and although I’m still struggling, I am so much better off than I was a year ago.

I’ve also been flirting with some night time yoga for relaxation and flexibility. I love the feeling I get when I do it, and it is so hard to make the time for it.

Exercise has been a new focus for me as well. I have done 2 5k run/walks in the last few weeks and I feel really good about that.

Stained glass, jewelry-making, crochet, and card-making have become new outlets for creativity. I didn’t realize how much I wanted to create until I let myself loose to play!

Lastly, in my efforts to become more intentional, I’ve been reading about mindful hand lettering. I am just beginning my practice, so I’m collecting words and phrases that resonate with me. I would love to start a journaling practice, so hopefully this will be a gateway to that.

I thought I would share my first journal entry here. It isn’t fancy; I don’t have any special notebook or supplies (yet).  For what it’s worth, here it is...


Comments

Popular Posts