Supper For One!

So Devin went to help his mom unload a pallet of pellets this weekend. I got home late yesterday from a quick trip to Denver- so I have the house to myself for the weekend.

The most exciting part is getting to eat everything he hates while he’s gone! Here’s what I came up with for supper tonight. Here’s the link to the recipe I based this on. It’s a Katy Lee recipe from FoodTV.


Brown Sugar Spiced Salmon

1 salmon fillet- dried with a paper towel
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon of chili powder (I used arbol)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cover a cookie sheet with foil. I brushed a little bit of olive oil around on it to keep the fish from sticking. You could use butter too. I patted the salmon dry with a paper towel, then put the fillet skin side down on the foil covered sheet.

In a small bowl mix the rest of the ingredients and pat the mixture on top of the fish. Put it in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve immediately with avocado feta salad (recipe below).

Avocado Feta Salad
Cube up half an avocado, then add some salt, lime, and feta cheese.

Comments

Popular Posts