Food to Soothe the Soul- Tomato Bisque

I had one heck of a Monday today.  The one bright spot in an otherwise stressful day was lunch. 

Every Monday in the office where I'm lucky enough to work, we eat lunch together.  Since the weather has turned cold, we have started a soup rotation.  It was my week to provide the soup- so I chose this one.  Another of my co-workers brought a griddle and all the stuff to make grilled cheese sandwiches.  Seriously- best work lunch ever!

I used this recipe from a blog called "Ministry of Curry."  I have to say it was delicious.  The only suggestion from the office ladies was a pinch of red pepper flakes to give it a little zing.

I used the canned tomato option instead of the fresh tomatoes- mostly because cans were easier to deal with at work than skinning and seeding the real thing.  I followed the recipe exactly and doubled it.

Comments

Popular Posts