Breakfast...Thoughts on....



Hashbrowns aren't very photogenic, huh? I like them anyway, though. So we went to Denver this week and stayed at a Bed and Breakfast. Needless to say, we have come home spoiled. More on that later...

But I awoke this morning thinking about breakfast, as I often do. I love breakfast, when I have time to cook it. So I really should say I love weekend breakfast. If we eat enough breakfast, we can usually make it all the way to dinner with only a little snack in the afternoon to tie the two together.

This morning I went with scrambled eggs (Dev's favorite), a biscuit, some hashbrowns (my favorite) and some orange slices. As breakfasts go, this was a pretty good one. I had time to patiently scramble the eggs, so they had the desirable custard-like consistency (low and slow). The hashbrowns could have cooked a little longer to brown, but they tasted fine- although that had more to do with the ham in them than the cooking method, I think.

A great way to start the day!

Comments

Popular Posts