A Variation on Eggs Benedict...



I love eggs benedict. I always have. Unfortunately, Devin doesn't, so if I make it at home I have to make some slight alterations in order to make it palatable to him. The only way he will eat eggs is scrambled. He is also not fond of hollandaise sauce.

On this particular morning I had lots of odds and ends sitting around in the icebox, and the craving for eggs benedict hit me right between the eyes when I woke up.

For the base (where the English muffin would normally be) I split and toasted a piece of garlic/jalapeno cheddar focaccia. On that I put a slice of capicola ham and a slice of juicy tomato. Atop that I perched the scrambled eggs. To guild the lily, I added some shrimp and mushrooms in a spicy sour cream sauce. I have to admit, I didn't make it, it was leftover from a trip to a local Mexican restaurant the night before. But let me tell you, it did the trick. This was seriously good. I might order the shrimp dish again just to have leftovers to make this!

Comments

Popular Posts