We Are Home-Owners!!!

After several disappointments, Dev and I finally closed on our forever home!
We signed our lives away at 1:00pm today.  I shouldn't complain, because we got an amazing deal on this house, and I can't wait to get busy making it into our first home.
After purchasing a new washer and dryer, we came back to town and loaded up a few tools and the dog, then headed over to do a few things.
Dev changed the lock on the front door and tinkered with the crawl space vents, while I roamed all over the house, thinking about paint colors and furniture placement.
I'll try to take my good camera over tomorrow and take some better "before" pictures.
The former owners had very....colorful taste.  Most of the house is mustard yellow.  The kitchen is bright purple, the guest bath and 2 of the bedrooms are lime green. It will be fun to see the progress as it becomes "our" space.
The poor yard has suffered severe neglect.  The grass is all dead, and the shrubs have had no pruning or TLC in quite a while.
Here's a shot of Bear in his new backyard.  You can see the plum and peach trees.  One of the things that really sold me on this house was the fruit trees.  We have cherry, peach and plum trees.

Comments

Popular Posts