Weekend Project

 We were busy this weekend!  We were kinda stumped over what to do with the stairway in our new house.  There's a huge blank wall, and we don't own enough pictures (or the right types) to fill this space.
While wandering around in the blogosphere a few months ago, I came across a post on a design blog about ledge shelves.  I loved the way they looked, plus I figured it was way better than putting 50 nails in the wall to hang all those pictures individually.  Not to mention, trying to hang them all straight!
Fast forward a few months and we're ready to tackle decorating the stairway.  I remembered the pictures, and showed them to Dev.  One trip to the hardware store and a few hours in the garage, and he made me these.  He built them a few weekends ago, and I painted them this weekend.  I haven't had a chance to spray paint all the frames, but I wanted to see what they'd look like, so I dug out our pictures and threw them up.  Even haphazardly arranged, I think they look great.
 I especially like the way the white shelf pops against the darker wall.  We haven't quite finished painting the whole wall yet, but when we get around to it, it will be awesome!
I also like the way the shelves look from the living room.  I think I'll try to track down some different size frames to make things a bit more interesting.  I'll try to find the blog post again and link to it.  Dev said the shelves were really easy to make.  I am fighting the urge to put them all over the house!

Comments

Popular Posts