Thai Chicken Soup

On Thai menus this is called Tom Kha Gai.  It's always yummie, even when the restaurant doesn't get it quite right.




I found the recipe I used on the Food Network website.  Most of you know I live out in the middle of nowhere, so there was no way I was going to be able to find galangal, or kefir lime leaves at my local grocery store.  But I did find something called Gourmet Garden Thai Herb & Spice Blend.  It's kind of like a paste.  It has lemon grass, ginger, cilantro, garlic and chili peppers.  So, in the recipe, when it calls for these ingredients, I used the paste.  I substituted strips of lime zest for kefir lime leaves.

Here's a link to the recipe on Food Network's site.

I have to say, I think the soup turned out really well.  Next time I'll use more coconut milk, though.  It just wasn't quite creamy enough for me.

Of course, next time I make it, I'll use the Thai food kit I ordered off the internet yesterday!  :)  I'll make it again with the real ingredients, and tell you how it compared to this...

Comments

Popular Posts