Roasted Tomato Pasta

We are harvesting a bumper crop of grape tomatoes this year.  We are picking them faster than I can figure out what to do with them.

Day before yesterday I made my all time favorite pasta dish with some of them.  I have blogged about this a hundred times, but I swear- I make this dish more often than just about any other dish in my rotation.

I oiled an 8x8 pyrex brownie pan.  In it I threw lots of pretty little grape tomatoes, a chopped zucchini, several cremini mushrooms and about 3 cloves of garlic, minced.  I salted and peppered it all and roasted it at 450 degrees for about 25 minutes.  I added some chopped raw shrimp, about half a block of feta (crumbled) and maybe half a container of gorgonzola crumbles.  After adding a little more olive oil, it went back in the oven for about 10 minutes.  While that was happening, I boiled some bow tie pasta for the 11 minutes it recommended on the package.

When the pasta was done, I drained it, put it back in the pot, and poured all the olive oily, garlicky, shrimpy goodness on top and mixed it well.  It was even more outrageous after sitting in the ice box all night- it made a wonderful lunch!

Comments

Popular Posts