The Holidays are here again...

So today I finished my Christmas shopping and began my Christmas baking.  I'm not doing too much this year, mostly because I get so busy at school, I don't have time.

I concentrated on 3 recipes.  All of them are insanely simple, but have big impact.

The first recipe I did is called "Firecracker Cheez-its."  I found the recipe on one of the many blogs I read.  If you're interested in giving them a try, go here.  But be prepared to become addicted.

The next recipe I chose is an old standard- Oreo Truffles.  The recipe could not be simpler- one- eight ounce block of cream cheese, softened, and one bag of Oreo cookies.  I put the Oreos in my food processor and whiz them around until they look like sand, then cut the cream cheese into smaller pieces and toss it in with the cookies.  Whiz it all around until it becomes a dark, black mass of yumminess.  Form the dough into whatever size balls you want, then you have lots of choices!  I like to roll them in chopped salted peanuts, but unsweetened cocoa is good, as is dipping them in melted dark or white chocolate.

The third recipe isn't going to happen today.  The couch and a cup of hot tea is calling my name.  But when I get around to it, I will make a recipe of my mother's pound cake recipe, and bake it in little gift-loaf pans.  I love having those around for last minute gifts.

I'm kinda glad to be aiming low this year, so I have time to enjoy the season.  What kind of baking plans do you have for this Christmas?

Comments

Jennifer said…
For 5 generations my family has gotten together and made Soft Ginger cookies. We mix up thr batter, cut them out into fun shapes, bake them and then eat them together. We then deliver some to friends. It is our most dear Christmas family tradition.

Popular Posts