Veggie Udon Noodles with Peanut Sauce

My oven has stopped working!  I had no idea how much I depended on it until I couldn't.  I sat around all day, moping about what to make for dinner without my oven.

Then, I remembered the package of refrigerated udon noodles I picked up at the store this weekend.  I decided I'd whip up a peanut sauce and stir fry the noodles with veggies.

That's how this dish was born.  It was really good.  Like I could eat this once a week and be happy, good.

Here's the recipe for the peanut sauce.  It is really simple and I had all the ingredients on hand.  Oh- and I added about a tablespoon of toasted sesame oil to the list- as well as subbing vegetable broth for the chicken.   I only used the sauce recipe- I didn't follow the rest of it.

While the sauce festered on the stove, I thinly sliced half an onion, about 4 large cremini mushrooms and about a cup of sugar snap peas.  I heated a non-stick skillet to medium high and put a couple of tablespoons of olive in.  When it was piping hot, I threw all the veggies in.  When they began to soften I opened the package of udon noodles and tossed them in as well.  I stirred them around, then poured the sauce on.  I let it cook for about 3 minutes, letting the noodles absorb as much of the sauce as possible.  I served it with a garnish of julienned carrots, fresh cilantro and toasted peanuts.

Comments

Popular Posts