The Great 2016 Pantry/Freezer Eat Down!

This idea actually began as a Facebook post on my page.  My steadfast and much-loved husband, William, is constantly "reminding" me what a wreck our pantry and freezer are.  So I decided to tackle this problem.

The following is the Facebook post that started it all...

My pantry is out of control.  Seriously, it's getting to be a problem.  The reason is not a mystery.  I love to try new things, therefore, I have subscribed to 2 different "Box of the Month" clubs.  One is called "Hatch."  It delivers, right to my door, every month, a fun little box of trial-sized condiments.  I love it when I come home and find the box on the doorstep.  But I don't love what my pantry and cabinets look like, filled with tiny little bottles and jars because I don't use the stuff fast enough.  The other is called "Try the World."  Every other month I receive a bigger box, full of yummy things from a selected country.  Last month was Brazil, not surprisingly.  And while I love this box as well, I have the same problem- zillions of little jars and boxes.  

So I have committed to eating out of my pantry until it is under control.  This is going to mean eating some rather exotic meal combinations, but I'm down with it.  The hubster- maybe not.

My next immediate problem... How to combine ramen-type noodles and quince paste into a palatable lunch... Hmmmm...

Comments

Popular Posts