Breakfast Experiments


Today’s culinary adventure was brought to you by my obsession with Starbucks Sous vide Egg Bites. I especially like the Bacon/Gruyere flavor.

I’ve seen copycat recipes on Pinterest for a while now, and finally gave in to temptation.

I do not have a sous vide set up. I specifically asked Santa for one this year, but apparently Santa thinks I have enough kitchen gadgets already. What?  Too many kitchen gadgets?  Did Santa tell Michelangelo he had too many paint brushes?  I think not!

Anyhoo, I do have an Instant Pot that I love dearly, and it worked great for this recipe.  I have not given up on the sous vide. It will be mine!  I don’t need no stinkin’ Santa Claus!

I used this recipe, but instead of her add ins, I used Swiss cheese and bacon. My small town grocery store didn’t have no fancy gruyere cheese. :). I also made a batch with chopped leftover ham from dinner last night.

I now have breakfasts for the whole week- but Santa is getting cereal. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts