Cheesecake Bites (Instant Pot)

Cheesecake Bites
Cheesecake Bites

I get asked quite often why I don't monetize my blog.  I think this picture is a pretty good representation of why I don't.  Seriously- this is hardly photography deserving of monetization.  I really only posted this pic because I needed one for the post and I can't take them out of the mold until tomorrow morning...

I've owned my Instant Pot for quite a while now.  Unsurprisingly to most people who know me, I usually don't wait too long to jump on a new gadget.

I did, however, wait a while before I began buying specialty accessories for my Instant Pot.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe I suspected there would be some pretty cheap crap put out there.  

Anyhoo, not too long ago I purchase some silicone egg bite molds in a set that came with a matching silicone trivet.  I've made several batches of egg bites (I think I wrote a post on those before), but I decided I needed to find some additional uses for the molds.  A quick Pinterest search helped me find cheesecake bites.  

Cheesecake bites?  Yes, please.  I love the idea of being able to each cheesecake in a slightly more portion-controlled manor.  Not that I wouldn't eat 3 or 4 of these- I'd just feel really guilty doing it.

I could have just used my normal cheesecake recipe and poured it into the molds, but I decided to try a particular recipe I found, just to try it out.  As a bonus, the recipe made just enough batter to fill my 7 holed mold.  The one departure I made from the recipe was to use a graham cracker crust instead of the cookie called for in the recipe.  Don't get me wrong- I don't have anything against a cookie, I just didn't have any around.  I did, however, have a box of graham cracker crumbs in my pantry.  I just mixed about a half a cup of crumbs with about 2 tablespoons of butter and microwaved it.  After pouring the batter in the molds, I topped each one with some crumb mixture and lightly tamped it down with my spoon.

Here's the link to the recipe.  I can't wait to try some flavor variations if these turn out!

Comments

Popular Posts