Grilled Pizza

 
Grilled Pizza
I have been trying to conquer home made pizza for as long as I can remember.  For me, the Holy Grail would be a thin, bubbly crust with just the right amount of char on the bottom from the high heat of the grill.

This pizza is the closest I've come so far to achieving that goal.  I used beer instead of water to make the crust, and I preheated my grill for a good 15-20 minutes on full blast before I started.

I made the dough about 2 hours before I wanted to use it.  I stretched it out, then used my French pin to make it just a little thinner.  I par baked it on the grill for about 4 minutes, then brought it back inside, flipped it over and put the toppings on the already cooked side.

On this particular pizza I used plain crushed tomatoes for the sauce, then added Italian blend shredded cheese, dollops of basil pesto, chicken Italian sausage, red onion, mushrooms, and grated parmesan cheese.  I threw it back on the grill for about 7 minutes, waiting until the bottom had some char on it before I pulled it off.  While it was resting, I threw on some fresh basil.  

It was awesome to have a thin, crispy crust and a cool kitchen!!  I think I may try this again next week and make some kind of fusion Hawaiian/BBQ chicken version... 😁

Comments

Popular Posts