Busy Days

With Dev having all night classes this semester, weeknight dinner is a real struggle.

Tonight I decided to throw together a quick marinara to go on some pasta. I started by mincing garlic and throwing it in a pan with olive oil and some red pepper flakes. After it started warming up, I added dried oregano and some Greek Seasoning. Anchovy paste went in next. I let all that sizzle for a few minutes, then added a can of crushed tomatoes, some onion powder (I didn't have a real one or I'd have added that at the beginning with the garlic). Lastly, I added a few tablespoons of sugar to counteract the acidity of the tomatoes.

I boiled some penne and tossed it together with some parmesan cheese at the very end. Throw in a piece of home made bread, toasted, and I had dinner.

Devin loves pasta, so as he sat and practically licked his plate, it made me laugh, because he claims to HATE anchovies. He hates them in spite of the fact that almost every tomato based pasta dish he has ever eaten (that I cooked) had either an anchovy fillet in it or some anchovy paste.

The reason he gives for hating anchovies also entertains me. He says they are too small to clean properly, and he doesn't like the idea that he may be eating their "poop sacks." Maybe this amuses me because I spent so many years teaching middle school, and this sounds just like something one of my 7th graders would say. I don't know.

Comments

Anonymous said…
He is serious about not eating poo or other poo eaters - goober :)Di
TayDenise said…
eeeeew. i dont blame him
btw.
rawr=growl

Popular Posts