Date Night

It's not often that Dev and I decide to have an old fashioned date night. There are several reasons for this (we've been shacked up for over 2 years now, there aren't many places to go here in Alamosa, everything is ridiculously expensive, etc.), but really there's no excuse.

So after work on Friday, I announced to Dev that he was taking me out on a date. I had heard a new steak house opened out between Blanca and Fort Garland, so I figured we'd give it a try. Plus- Dev spent 6 weeks out at Fort Garland this summer at a field archaeology school and learned about some really cool things at the fort I wanted to see.

I took some pics while we were out there and posted them to my flickr page. Here's the link to the set.

Dinner was ok. It was pretty typical for what you find in this area. Dev had a steak and rice and I ordered the ribs. My portion was huge (I have a knack for choosing the hugest thing on the menu), so I ate about 3 of the ribs and half my baked potato. The nice thing about that is, you always have enough for lunch the next day. There was enough left for both of us to have ribs the next day.

On the way back to Alamosa, I shot a pic of some clouds out the window and when I uploaded the pics to the puter, I was shocked at how neat the pic looked. Here it is...



I didn't even play with the color saturation.

I think the sunsets are one of the best things about living around here. The sky seems so huge and the colors so deep, it never fails to take my breath away.

Comments

Popular Posts