Lamb Sliders

Today's adventure in the freezer produced a pound of ground lamb and a package of Hawaiian rolls.  Hmmmmmm.  What to do...... SLIDERS!

I didn't want anything too difficult because it was during the week.  I mixed the thawed lamb with grated white onion, ginger/lemongrass paste, salt, pepper, feta cheese and a teeny little glass bowl of marinara I found in my ice box.  I made 8 slider patties from one pound of mixture.  I decided to fry them in a cast iron pan.

After the lamb patties were done, I added onions and mushrooms and sauteed them until they were soft.

While they were cooking down I made some Greek sauce out of some homemade plain yogurt, grated cucumber, onion juice, garlic powder, Greek seasoning and about a tablespoon of mayo.

I put some frozen waffle fries on a baking sheet and put them in a 450 degree oven for about 12 minutes.  At the end of the cooking time, I added the Hawaiian rolls and toasted them.

To construct the sliders, I put the bottom roll down, topped it with some Greek sauce, a few spinach leaves, a lamb patty, then some sauteed mushrooms and onions and the top roll.

These were amazing!  The Greek sauce made a great dip for the fries as well!

Comments

Popular Posts