Teriyaki Chicken over Quinoa

Do I know how to make home made teriyaki sauce? Yes.  Did I make home made teriyaki sauce? No.

I totally cheated.  Again.  I'm beginning to think perhaps I should call my blog Cheaters Anonymous.

Anyhoo- I had leftover teriyaki chicken from the sushi adventure Sunday night, so I decided to spruce it up and serve it over some quinoa for a quick dinner.

The original chicken mixture was nothing more than roasted chicken, pulled apart with a fork and mixed with bottled teriyaki sauce.  Tonight, I sauteed some chopped onion and mushrooms in olive oil, seasoned it with a little mushroom soy sauce, and added the leftover chicken mixture.  I warmed the quinoa, scooped the chicken on top and garnished with chopped scallions and cucumber.

This was a good, quick dinner.  It may just earn a place in the regular rotation.  Who am I kidding?  I don't have a regular rotation!

Comments

Popular Posts