Thai Red Chile Garlic Lime Wings!

How comes it seems like the best tasting food I make is always difficult to photograph?

I love wings.  My husband doesn't.  So when he goes out of town, I always make sure I grab some at  the store so I can gorge on them while he's gone.

This was another one of those clean out the ice box deals.

I bought a big bag of frozen wings at the grocery store.  They were huge!

I grabbed 4 of them and put them on a foil lined baking sheet and threw it in a 400 degree oven for about an hour.  I didn't even defrost them!  I did rub them with olive oil, salt and pepper before they went in, though.

After about an hour I pulled them out of the oven and began contemplating what flavor I wanted to make them.

I put about some olive oil in a skillet and grated about a tablespoon of fresh ginger in the oil.  Then I minced about 5 cloves of garlic, zested a lime and dropped some Thai red chile paste in with it.  I turned the heat on medium and let the oil and seasonings begin to sizzle.  After about a minute, I put the wings in a bowl and tossed them with the seasoned oil.

These were great!  I think I'm going to pull a few more wings out of the bag and have these again tonight!

Comments

Popular Posts