Natural Product Review- Jane Iredale Dream Tint Moisturizer

This was one of the first natural products I invested in when I decided to eliminate chemicals from my daily routine.

This was pricey.  I mean, like it hurt to place the order.  I paid $39.00 for this stuff.  I think I sat and stared at the screen for about 5 minutes before I mustered up the courage to hit the "confirm order" button.  But I'm so glad I did!

I read about this company in the book No More Dirty Looks.  I highly recommend this book for people who want to learn about the dangers of chemicals in personal care products.  Dream Tint was a product they recommended by name.  After looking at the whole line of Jane Iredale products, I'm pretty sure this won't be my only purchase from them.

I adore this stuff.  Firstly, I don't use very much, so this tube could last at least 6 months.  The coverage is light.  It makes my skin feel so soft, and the tint is very subtle.  It almost has a matte effect.  And I love the fact that it has safe SPF built in!  I have used other BB creams in the past.  My biggest gripe about most of them was that they looked cakey on my skin.  I'm 46, and I am developing lines and wrinkles around my mouth and eyes.  Normally, tinted moisturizers and liquid foundations find those lines and wrinkles and pile in.  I look worse with those products on, than I do when I go without makeup at all!  This is very different.

I know it's hard to commit to eliminating chemicals when the natural products come with a price tag like this.  But I guess the reason I finally did it was the thought that treating all the conditions that could present themselves because of exposing myself to chemicals would be more expensive than investing in safe products and paying more for them now.  Not to mention, I don't hesitate on splurging in other areas of my life that aren't nearly this important for my overall health.

My next purchase from these folks will be their mineral make up loose powder.  Sometimes I feel like I need a bit more coverage in the winter.  I'm going to order the powder as soon as we get paid this month.  I'll be sure to post about it after I've tried it out.

Comments

Unknown said…
I've heard good things about this jane iredale product! Going on my wish ♥ list now.

Popular Posts