Natural Product Review- Tea Tree Oil

Next on my list of items to replace was my acne cream.

Although I've never had awful acne, I do suffer from occasional breakouts, usually associated with PMS.

Because of the frequent breakouts, I used to keep acne cream on hand.

After reading up on natural remedies, I noticed tea tree oil kept coming up in magazines and books as a very effective treatment for acne.  So I decided to give it a try.

So far, I've been impressed.  You can use the essential oil straight up, or combine it with other things to make it a bit less powerful.  I use it straight up.  I put it on a cotton ball and apply it wherever I need it.  Actually, I've begun using it once a day in the spots I know I have trouble, to see if I can ward off breakouts before they happen.  I'll let you know if it works.

I will say that this stuff is fairly odiferous.  I don't mind the smell- it's sort of piney.  But some folks might not like it.

Comments

Popular Posts