Backyard Flowers

Dried herb blossoms from the backyard.

So I have no talent for arranging flowers.  I love flower arrangements, but flower arranging is not my superpower.

However; sometimes you just accidentally trip over something really beautiful.  I was in my backyard watering my mint and basil plants when I glanced over at a neglected bed of herbs.  Almost all of them had gone to seed.  The parsley, in particular, was stunning.  I also noticed the chive blossoms and chamomile seed heads.  

It occurred to me that any or all of those might make a cool flower arrangement.

So, I went inside, grabbed some bottles I'd tucked away for just such a project, procured the scissors, and set about creating.

Would anyone mistake them for professional arrangements? No.  Did I bring them inside and tuck them around my house?  Yes.  

Comments

Popular Posts