Sea Glass Jewelry

Blue Sea Glass Pendant and Earrings

I've been taking jewelry classes at Speckled Feather Mercantile in New Castle, CO for a few months now.  Although I was intimidated at first, I really enjoy learning new techniques, and the artist who teaches the class, Elyce, is one of the sweetest people I know.  She is always able to put me at ease, and so far, has been able to undo whatever bone-headed mistakes I have made.

This particular class was great because I knew all the basic skills and was able to do it independently and even help a few people out.  

I love the look of sea glass, and I'm happy to have a piece of jewelry in my collection made out of it.  The fact that I made it myself is a bonus!

To make these pieces, all I had to know how to do was make a wrapped wire loop, and how to open and close jump rings- that's it!  Now I have a beautiful set- a pendant and matching earrings!  These would make awesome gift sets...

If you live near New Castle, CO, and you are interested in art classes- you owe it to yourself to go see Denise and Elyce at Speckled Feather.  You won't regret it!

Comments

Popular Posts