Flatbread with Steel Head Trout

 

This is one of the may things I blog about cooking that looks really horrible in photos.  This flatbread recipe started life as a pizza several years back, concocted by my best friend, Diane, and I during one of my many summer visits back to my home in Savannah, GA.

I made this version a week or so ago.  Instead of making pizza dough, I took the cheater way out and used a piece of store-bought naan bread.  I may never go back to doing with pizza dough again.  This is so much easier!

Steel Head Trout Flatbread

2 pieces of purchased naan bread

2 tablespoons of olive oil (about 1 tablespoon per flatbread)

4 tablespoons purchased pesto (about 2 tablespoons per flatbread)

1 8 ounce bag shredded Italian style cheese (or you could just use mozz)

16 pieces of asparagus (or whatever you have in the ice box)

1 8oz fillet of steel head trout- remove skin and cut into thin slices (raw)

Goat cheese crumbles

I brushed the naan with olive oil, then topped it with the pesto and cheese.  I arranged the trout slices on top of that, then put on the thin asparagus spears. This is not the recipe for the big thick asparagus.  Get the pencil thin stuff- or saute it quickly before you put it on the flatbread. Top with a generous handful of goat cheese crumbles.

I put it in my air fryer at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes.  You could also do it on the grill or in the regular oven.

I think caramelized onions and/or roasted garlic would be great additions to this!  You could also sub salmon for the steel head if you can't find it where you are.

Comments

Popular Posts