Thin Crust Pizza Experiment


thin crust pizza 1, originally uploaded by All Things Mimi.

It seems like most of my adult life has been spent in pursuit of a thin crust pizza dough recipe I can make at home, and pretend I'm sitting outside at Vinnies on a perfect spring day.

Well, the best run I've made at it so far was really nothing new. I just did something a little different.

I used Diane's recipe for quick pizza dough...

2 teaspoons of yeast
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of olive oil
3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons of warm water

Work dough into a ball - let rest on lightly floured surface for 5
minutes - then just do whatever you do with other sauces - I do like to
pre-cook it for about 5 minutes before I add the toppings

But instead of rolling it out after 5 minutes like I normally do, I let it rest for about 30 minutes (while I made sauce and chopped toppings), then I cut the dough into 2 pieces. I rolled each piece out as thinly as I could. I managed to get 2 large pizzas out of that one recipe of dough. When I say large, I mean at least 16 inches across.

I docked each piece of dough and pre-baked them separately on a pizza stone in a 450 degree oven for about 7 minutes before I topped them.

This time around I used spinach, fresh tomato, feta and mushrooms as my topping. Dev added canadian bacon to his.

The resulting pizza was thin and crispy and perfect. I will use this technique from now on.

Now we have enough pizza left over to have lunch for the next week! :)

Comments

Love thin crust pizza too. Have my own dough recipe but am still searching for more. Got to try this one.

Gay

Popular Posts