Poached Eggs

There are things in the culinary world that terrify me.  Rice used to be one of them, until I figured out how to do it well on an electric stove.  The gift of a rice steamer made that one a slam dunk.

Poached eggs, on the other hand, still terrify me.  I love them dearly.  Almost every time Dev and I go out for breakfast, I order them, mostly because I'm scared to do them at home.

I found a video on my Food 52 newsletter this morning (I highly recommend their newsletters- I get great recipes and wonderful tips like this one once a week).  It shows a fairly fool-proof method of poaching an egg using 2 spoons.  I probably won't try this during the school week, but you can bet your bottom dollar my breakfast next Saturday morning will include a beautifully poached egg!



Comments

Popular Posts