Chicken Cheddar Muffins

This morning I wanted to try something new, but I didn't have a recipe for what I had in mind.  Not that I've ever let that bother me before...

I have been trying to clean out my pantry and get rid of the things I bought on a whim, but hardly ever use.  Bisquick is one of those things.  I bought a giant box of it a few years back and it's been sitting in the pantry ever since.

I decided to make muffins with some leftover rotisserie chicken.  I shredded the chicken and grated about 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese.  The Bisquick box didn't have directions for muffins, so I decided to wing it.

I put what was left of the Bisquick in a bowl (I'd guess it was about 2 cups, maybe a little more).  Most of the directions for stuff on the box called for milk, but I had some buttermilk in the ice box I needed to use up.  Amount?  I have no clue.  I put the dry mix and the cheddar and chicken in a large bowl and added Bisquick until it looked like a stiff muffin dough/batter.

I over filled a 6 muffin tin (after adding Spongebob cupcake liners) and put it in a 450 degree oven for about 18 minutes.

The resulting muffins were pretty darn good!  I can't wait to try a ham and swiss version that doesn't have that weird chemical Bisquick flavor.

Comments

Popular Posts