Peanut Butter Toast with Apples

So this doesn't really count as a recipe, but I thought I'd share it because I had never thought about putting these things together before.

Browsing through Pinterest the other evening, I found a picture of something very similiar to this, except the person used almond butter.  I am currently out of that, but I did have a jar of natural peanut butter in the ice box, and an apple in the crisper drawer that needed some attention.  I put them together on a slice of home made bread, toasted.  This was great!  I really wanted bananas, but I didn't have any.  I'm kinda glad I was out, because this was really fantastic!  I think I like it better than peanut butter and bananas.  It has more texture and is brighter.  I didn't get hungry until right before lunch that day, either.  So it sticks with you for a while.

Comments

Popular Posts