Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

This isn't the greatest picture in the world, but it sure tasted good!

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal was another Pinterest find.  Since I've been on Pinterest, I haven't felt the need to buy as many cooking magazines or cookbooks.  This recipe is a good example of why that is.

So I can't take credit for it, even though I wish I could.  It's that good.

Here's the link to the recipe.  Seriously, you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now.  And even if you don't- play around!  I didn't have pumpkin pie spice, but I did have fresh whole nutmeg and cardamom pods and cinnamon.

Oh- and I did add one ingredient I felt was missing.  I added about a half teaspoon of kosher salt.  I find that even sweet things benefit from a little dash of salt to help them taste more like themselves.  I also subbed almond milk for the regular milk in the recipe.  It turned out just as creamy and delicious.

I plan to make a double batch of this tomorrow afternoon so we can reheat it and eat it for breakfast next week!

Comments

Popular Posts