Sushi Salad

When am I going to learn not to take blog photos under my stove light?  It makes everything look yellow and boring.  Sigh.

So this is sushi salad, or as the blog I stole it from called it, "Lazy Sushi".  I like this idea for several reasons.  First, I'm lazy.  Second, it would make it possible for me to eat sushi way more often than I presently do.  Thirdly, there are literally thousands of variations you could dream up for this.

I pinned the recipe from a blog called Lea's Cooking.  I followed her recipe pretty exactly and it turned out great.  The only change I will make next time (and there WILL be a next time) is, I will leave out the canned tuna.  It was ok, but honestly, I would just use the crab or maybe even throw in a few sautéed shrimp.  The tuna didn't see to fit in.  I think I might also throw in some edamame next time.

I added the baked egg roll wrapper crackers.  I like the different crunchy texture they brought to the party.  You could fry them, but I was trying to be somewhat healthy, so I baked mine instead.

This was a great find.  I am absolutely positive I will make this again.  I think it would be ideal for school lunch, or quick dinners during the week.  It's almost like an Asian spin on a Mexican burrito bowl- only better!

Comments

Popular Posts