Weekend Silliness

Devin and I have made a pact that we will try to get out more on weekends and do fun stuff, so our day jobs don't drive us certifiably insane before we have a chance to retire.

To that end, we headed to Glenwood Springs yesterday for their little Oktoberfest celebration.  Our friends Greg and Jan went along for the ride.

The event itself was fairly low key.  It was really more like a craft fair with German oompah music, than an Oktoberfest.  There was only 1 beer tent.  Wha???????

That said, though, I had a nice time.  We went to one of my favorite new restaurants in Glenwood, Smoke, for lunch, then walked down the street to the festivities.  I was designated driver, so no beer for me.

We watched some older couples dancing to the traditional German music, and ate donuts from a relatively new bakery in town, Coloradough.  I had an apple fritter, which was arguably the single biggest pastry I've ever seen.  I couldn't eat all of it, because it was so sweet and greasy and yummie, I'd have died right on the spot if I'd finished it.  So that makes it pretty much the perfect festival food. :)

Comments

Popular Posts