Bacon Cheddar Scallion Scones

It was a snowy day here in Colorado.  I'm fine with that, as long as I don't have to run around in it.  It was the kind of day that makes me want to bake.  And make chili.  So I did both.

These scallions are outrageously good.

I followed the recipe exactly, except I ended up having to add way more buttermilk to get the dough to come together.

I am planning on serving these babies with a big bowl of chili.  I found both of the recipes on Pinterest, so if the chili comes out edible, I'll post it here.  But for now, just feast your eyes on these beautiful scones.

I bet these would be good with any combination of ingredients... bleu cheese and proscuitto,  pancetta and feta... you name it.  Maybe even cheddar and chorizo.  This is making me really hungry.

I found this recipe on a blog called "Love to Cook."  This is the first recipe I've tried from this site.  But I'm really impressed with this first project.  After dinner, I'm planning to curl up on the couch with some herbal tea and crawl around on the site to find more recipes to try!  So, here's the recipe.

Comments

Popular Posts