Breakfast the Morning After Tacos

So this was breakfast today. It should have been bacon and pancakes, but I failed as quarter master this week.

Last night we tried a new taco filling- chorizo and potato. I forgot to take pics, but I’ll write it up next time we have it.  Anyhoo, there was no taco filling left over. This is a good thing, because that means Devin really liked it. But I had quite a bit of fixins left and decided to work them into breakfast, one way or the other!

This is what I had: diced fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, white onion, cabbage, shredded sharp cheddar, and lime wedges.  I suppose this qualifies as migas, but who cares? It was awesome!

Day After Tacos Scrambled Eggs

4 eggs
Salt
Sriracha
4 tostadas
Leftover taco fixins
Olive oil

Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil over low heat in your favorite egg scrambling pan. Take 2 tostadas and roughly crush them and add them to the heated oil. Scoot them around in the pan until the pieces begin to brown. Whisk the eggs with salt and a wee bit of sriracha and add them to the pan. Keep them moving so they don’t stick. Next throw all the leftover fixins in the pan and scramble everything until the eggs are done to your liking.

I served this with a tostada on the side, a couple of orange slices and a lime wedge.

Comments

Popular Posts